Lucas Herbert made some changes to his equipment on the eve of the Omega Dubai Desert Classic and it paid dividends straight away. Take a look inside his winning bag.
WINNING SCORE: Nine under, 279.
DRIVER: TaylorMade SIM 9° loft set at 8.75°, fitted with Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70TX shaft.
3-WOOD: TaylorMade SIM 15° loft, set at 15.5°, with Mitsubishi Diamana DF 80TX shaft.
5-WOOD: TaylorMade M6 19° loft, set at 19.5°, with Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 90 TX shaft.
IRONS: TaylorMade P7TW (4-iron to pitching wedge), all fitted with True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 shafts.
WEDGES: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 (50.09, 54.11, 60.10), with True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 Black shaft (50°), KBS Hi-Rev 135X Black shafts (54°, 60°).
PUTTER: TaylorMade Spider X Midnite.
BALL: TaylorMade TP5.
GRIPS: Gripmaster Roo.
- After testing the new TaylorMade SIM drivers at home over summer, Herbert put the SIM driver straight into play in his first tournament last week in Abu Dhabi.
- This week in Dubai, a tweak was made to his SIM 9.0 driver taking it from the higher setting to 1 click less in loft to optimise the pairing with his new TP5 golf ball. He launches the ball low and the spin rates suited his launch angle and complements his driving.
- Herbert was struggling with spin control so made the switch from the TP5x to TP5 golf ball this week, gaining more control in the shots he had to hit this week.
- Herbert's victory is the first win for TaylorMade’s new range of SIM drivers featuring an asymmetric sole design and enhanced Inertia Generator.
- Herbert also put into play TaylorMade's P7TW Irons for the first time in Abu Dhabi. This week in Dubai he had the lofts of his P7TW irons bent 0.5 degrees stronger to make them work for his change into the TP5 golf ball.