RACV Royal Pines Resort has been locked in as the home of the Australian PGA Championship for the next three years.
Organisers announced the renewal this morning after Cameron Smith's victory in a two-hole sudden death play-off at the Gold Coast resort yesterday.
This year's tournament was the fifth since it was moved from the Palmer Coolum Resort on the Sunshine Coast.
The extension for the European Tour-sanctioned event comes after bigger crowds attended the Championship this year, from the time the first ball was struck on Thursday through to Smith's final putt on Sunday afternoon, despite heavy showers on Thursday and the prospect of storms on Sunday.
Smith, 24, said he would continue playing the event as long as he had his US PGA Tour card.
And, while there was some hesitancy from players at first, Smith says the Graham Marsh course redesign between 2014 and 15 is finally bearing fruit.
"This year is actually the best improvement," he said.
"Last year to this year was a huge improvement, just the grass filling in and you can actually play some shots that Mr Marsh wants you to play."
Queensland born-and-bred Smith said he would do his best to follow the lead of his idol Adam Scott and support golf in his home state, as he attempts to emulate the former World No.1 and Masters champion's feats.
"This will be on my schedule as long as I have my card and full status in the US," he said.
"To be on the same trophy as those guys, I just hope I can do half as much with my golf as they did with theirs."
Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) and City of Gold Coast made the announcement of the extension with the Australian PGA Championship saying the event was an important part of the Queensland events calendar.
- Murray Wenzel, Australian Associated Press