Sun City Country Club is one of Western Australia’s premier layouts, being one of only ten to grab a place in Golf Australia’s most recent ranking of the Top-100 Courses in the nation.
That hasn’t always been the case. Originally opened for play in 1974, the characteristics of the Yanchep layout – about 40 minutes’ drive north of the Perth CBD – had changed over the decades. A few years ago, with a real estate development planned along the edge of the course, the club decided it was an ideal time to masterplan a redesign of the layout and the design team of Ogilvy Clayton Cocking and Mead (OCCM) – including 2006 US Open Champion Geoff Ogilvy and former touring pro Mike Clayton – was commissioned.
Shortly after the first five holes – the 2nd, 8th, 13th, 14th and 15th – the club debuted in the national ranking. As more holes have been revamped during recent years, the course continues to climb and in 2020 it rose to No.75 in the country making it one of WA’s must play layouts.
Sun City Country Club offers a variety of membership options to suit every player, offering flexibility and value for money, as well as the terrific opportunity to be a part of a Top-100 nationally rated course.
The club’s aim is to provide you with a unique and enjoyable golfing experience, as well as a friendly and comfortable atmosphere in which to relax and wind down after your game.
he benefits of membership at Sun City include:
- A registered Australian handicap after 3 rounds;
- Access to a championship standard golf course;
- Several competitions during the week and on weekends, plus social play;
- Access for guests at reduced rates;
- Discounts on motorised cart hire;
- Access to other ‘A’ grade clubs and reciprocal clubs throughout Australia and overseas;
- Junior development programs;
- Use of the clubhouse for private functions at reduced hire rates;
- Members pricing in the clubhouse and pro shop;
- Access to time sheets for booking 15 days in advance.
Full seven-day membership costs $1,995, while there are also age-based membership special prices for under 30s, 40s and juniors.