American Kevin Kisner emerged victorious from a six-man play-off to win the Wyndham Championship, the final event of the PGA Tour Regular Season. Take a look at what he had in the bag.
WINNING SCORE: 15-under-par, 265.
DRIVER: Callaway GBB with 8.5° loft, fitted with Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 X shaft.
3-WOOD: Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond with 15° loft, with Fujikura Ventus Blue 7 X shaft.
HYBRID: Callaway Apex Pro (2) with 18° loft, with Aldila Rogue Black 130 MSI 85 TX shaft.
IRONS: Callaway Apex UT (21° & 24°) and Callaway Apex Pro ‘14 (5-iron to 9-iron), with Nippon Pro Modus3 120 TX shafts.
WEDGES: Titleist Vokey Design SM8 (46°-10° F Grind & WedgeWorks 60° T Grind) and Callaway Jaws Forged (52°-10°), with Nippon Pro Modus3 125 Wedge shafts.
PUTTER: Odyssey Exo Seven.
BALL: Titleist Pro V1x.
- Interestingly as one of the shorter hitters on the PGA Tour, Kisner continues to favour an older model driver. The GBB driver the 37-year-old has in the bag released in 2015. Despite the driver head being something of a relic compared to the majority of models used on the world’s biggest circuit, Kisner does have a new model shaft fitted. Like so many of his fellow Tour professionals around the world, Kisner currently uses one of Fujikura’s Ventus shafts that have been regular features in winners’ bags all year. Kisner opts for the Blue variety offering a mid-launch.
- The four-time PGA Tour winner adds to the recent success of Callaway’s Epic Speed Triple Diamond fairway woods, joining Jon Rahm at the U.S. Open and Xander Schauffele as recent champions with the model in the bag. Like his driver, Kisner’s 3-wood is fitted with a Ventus Blue shaft. He also carries a fairly rarely seen club on the PGA Tour in the form of a 2 hybrid.
- Like his driver, Kisner’s irons are an older model from sponsor Callaway. Released in 2014, the Apex Pro has been superseded numerous times but remains the Presidents Cup representative’s iron of choice. And Kisner used them to great affect this past week, hitting more than 80 percent of Sedgefield Country Club’s greens in regulation.
- One of the best putters on Tour, Kisner once again uses something slightly unique on the greens. Odyssey’s EXO putters are slightly oversized compared to standard models thanks to a multi-material design and exoskeleton design. Kisner’s putter is fitted with the company’s popular White Hot insert.
- Kisner is part of another clean sweep for Titleist golf balls on the world’s biggest Tours this past week. His win the 25th from 36 events on the PGA Tour in 2021 for Pro V1 and Pro V1x, while his is the 10th Callaway staff player win on the Tour this year and third win in three weeks for the company’s male players.
QUOTE: "Every time you win out here, it's hard, and you never know when it's going to happen again, so you've got to cherish every time.” – Kevin Kisner.
- Club images courtesy of Johnny Wunder, Callaway Golf.