Golf Australia magazine and nextmedia Pty Ltd are committed to respecting our users’ privacy and security. However, we do collect and use various bits of information about you through your use of the site, to enhance your enjoyment of our service:
1. Personal Data – (names and addresses etc) through which it is possible to identify you. You will always know when this data is being collected and it will only be used for the specific purposes to which you have consented.
2. Aggregated Statistical Data – all other non-personal information that relates purely to generic statistics such as traffic flow and demographics. It is not possible to identify you through this data.
Golf Australia and nextmedia Pty Ltd will only collect, use and transfer your Personal Data if you have consented to that collection, use and transfer, except in circumstances where it is necessary to conform to legal requirements; protect and defend our rights or property; or to protect the interests of other users.
This data is collected through Registration Forms. On submitting the Registration Forms you give your consent to Golf Australia and nextmedia Pty Ltd:
- collecting the information that is on the Registration Form, and information about your movements around and use of the site;
- using that information to contact you with relevant material, for example about your use or potential use of the site;
- transferring that information to other Golf Australia and nextmedia Pty Ltd companies (subsidiaries or affiliates), and to those Golf Australia and nextmedia Pty Ltd companies contacting you with other relevant material, for example about your use or potential use of other Golf Australia and nextmedia owned or managed sites;
By checking other boxes on the Registration Form, or giving your specific consent at other times, you can additionally choose to have your Personal Data passed on to specially selected Third Parties that Golf Australia and nextmedia Pty Ltdbelieve will be able to supply you with useful information, and for those Third Parties to contact you with relevant marketing material.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing the producer on firstname.lastname@example.org
On occasion we may collect Personal Data in other ways – e.g. through competition entry forms or other occasional services.
Unless you have consented otherwise by having already submitted a Golf Australia and nextmedia Pty Ltd Registration Form, we will only use that data to contact you about that particular service, unless we indicate otherwise.
Other non-personal information will be collected and used by Golf Australia and nextmedia Pty Ltd and may be transferred to third parties. Any such statistical or demographic information will not include personal details through which you could be identified. In addition to non-personal information given on your Registration Form, information is automatically collected about traffic around the site. This is also only used in aggregate form and no individual user will be identified.
Golf Australia and nextmedia Pty Ltd uses “cookies” to speed up access to the site (it bypasses checking the registered user database) and to enhance your experience of the site by customising it according to your interests. A cookie is a small piece of information sent from to your computer to help us to identify you quickly. It is possible for you to disable these cookies by changing your browser settings, but this may slow down or prohibit access to parts of the site.
Security is paramount to Golf Australia and nextmedia Pty Ltd in respect of your data. We use a variety of software to ensure appropriate security and encryption.